Below is a brief overview of our Women’s Ministry. Women 18+ are invited to join us at an event to see firsthand how PPC women use their gifts to serve each other, the church body, and the community. What better way to see where you can plug in and use your gifts? If you have questions about the Women’s Ministry at PPC, please complete the "Contact Us" form.
Women's Ministry exists to:
- Support the life and ministry of the church as helpers and examples of Biblical womanhood, holding to the authority of God's word.
- Train women in the biblical principles and practices of godliness, and encourage women to fully utilize their spiritual gifts in ministry to their families, the church, the community, and the world
PPC's Women's Ministry consists of several teams that serve the body:
Christian Growth and Discipleship Team
- Plans for the women's Bible studies and other Christian discipleship opportunities
- Coordinates spiritual growth opportunities (i.e. Spring Tea, Fall Retreat)
- Presents devotions at WM Council Mtgs.
- Assists in coordinating services to meet the needs of the church, its members and attendees, and the community through:
- Meals Ministry
- Wedding and baby showers
- College care packages
- Funeral meals
- Greets and welcomes visitors
- Provides support for Fellowship Meals
- Organizes other events to encourage fellowship among the church body
Our Women's Ministry is led, under the direction of the Eldership, by a team of women called the CORE Team. CORE stands for creating opportunities, reaching everyone. Their purpose is to oversee the planning teams, communicate with the session, and provide guidance to the team chairs in developing ministry opportunities that reach the community of women both in our church and the local community.
Women's Ministry Events:
- Women's Ministry hosts a ladies' Bible study throughout the year on Tuesday evenings. They conduct 4-5 studies throughout the year.
- The ladies host quarterly LIFT events and an annual retreat for fellowship, relationship building, and devotions.
- Events through the Illiana Presbytery Women's Ministry are also available and attendance is encouraged.
Mark your calendar for these LIFT events:
April 20, 2023
Mark your calendar for these Bible Studies and activities:
July 11, 2023: Summer Bible Study: Entrusted to Be Invested